Depth Of Field

1. Depth of field is the distance of the subject that the photographer is trying to capture. The Depth of field can make the background either sharp ( good), or blurry (shallow).

F 5.6  SS 1/160 (it had to be low cause of the light) 55 mm

F 16   ISO 1/160   18mm

See the source image

I feel like the camera lens of this photo was very sharp. Makes the background making the dragonfly more prominent.

My guesses: F 5.6  SS im not sure   and  around 100-200 mm

See the source image

I feel this photo represents a great example of good depth of field but at the same time shallow cause there’s no subject in my opinion.

The F was high and maybe 33. the SS not sure would’ve been mm probably a little close so around 40 mm.

HERES the two paragraphs v

Depth of Field is exposed by the changing of aperture in setting on your camera. The depth of field is kind of like our eyes. You can do depth of field on any edit. The larger the aperture lenses is the shallower the depth will be. Once you know how to control the aperture you;; need to figure out how too use the shutters speed, and figure out how much depth of field you will like in your photo.

If you have a lens that are very wide these are called a fast Len. What you’ll want to think about how shallow you want the depth of field to be. If you have a very fast lens, and you open it up to its largest aperture, You’ll probably have a hard time to focus. This will make your backgrounds go too soft and make it difficult to keep the correct parts of your image in focus.